Transfer Tape For Vinyl
Transfer tape is one of the most important tools in the arsenal of an avid crafter. If you love to work with adhesive vinyl, you must be well aware of how a good transfer tape ensures perfect installation of a design onto a compatible substrate. TeckWrap Craft brings you its supreme quality product that will elevate your crafts to the next level.
Our Range Of Transfer Tapes
At TeckWrap Craft, we have an array of transfer tapes to cater to different materials, applications, and finishes. They are not only available in different tack levels but also in varying sizes. Here’s what you can get with us:
The Significance Of Grids On Our Transfer Tapes
The grids on our best transfer tapes are an indicator of their different tack levels. It also serves as a visual guide, aiding the precise alignment and positioning of designs. It consists of evenly spaced horizontal and vertical lines, creating a pattern of squares.
It helps prevent misplacement and ensures accurate application of decals, letters, or graphics onto appropriate surfaces. The grid assists in maintaining consistent spacing and orientation, resulting in a professional finish and reducing the likelihood of errors during the transfer process.
The color of the grid signifies its tack level as mentioned in detail below. Hence it simplifies the application process, enhancing the overall efficiency and accuracy of transferring intricate designs onto surfaces with precision.
The Yellow Grid: This is the transfer tape with the strongest tack level. It is excellent to use with glitter vinyl or anything with texture on it. Though it has a strong tack, it is not difficult to lift once the design is transferred and it does not leave any residue behind.
The Gray Grid: It is a notch below the yellow grid tape in the tack level. It works well with specialty adhesive vinyl films like opal and holographic.
The Purple Grid: This transfer tape has medium tack. You can use it when working with our amazing 001 series of matte and glossy adhesive vinyl. The dark-colored grid lines help in the placement of the vinyl design accurately.
The Red and Black Grid: These are exactly the same as the purple grid transfer tape with one exception, the backing of the red and black grid tapes is semi-translucent and helps in layering the designs. You would not need a parchment paper.
Matte Transfer Tape: This is also medium tack with no grid lines. It also helps in transferring layered designs. It releases the design perfectly without leaving any residue or sticking to the base layer.
The Superb Characteristics
Our supreme quality transfer tapes have some remarkable qualities that make them the best on the market. These are:
- They are durable and easy to use. They protect the integrity of the graphic during transfer without tearing or stretching.
- They are compatible with a variety of vinyl materials and surfaces, ensuring versatility in their application for different projects.
- They come in the form of a roll so you can take as much as you need without wastage. You can buy the right length according to the size of your craft.
- You can also select among the different tack levels depending on the adhesive vinyl you are working with.
- Our transfer tapes work well on any smooth, clean, and dry surface may it be flat or curved.
- They are flexible and able to conform to various surfaces, including curved ones, to facilitate easy application on different types of substrates.
- They are perfect for both indoor and outdoor applications. You can easily apply adhesive vinyl decals to windows, walls, ceramic, glass, metal, and plastic.
- Their adhesive strikes the right balance between sticking securely to the design and being removable from the backing material without damaging it or leaving residue on the final surface.
Ease Of Application
Our selection of transfer tapes is easy to work with, allowing for straightforward application, positioning adjustments, and removal of the backing. You should have the right tape according to the vinyl you are using and a squeegee to smooth it out.
All the tools you will need for the perfect transfer are easily available at TeckWrap Craft such as the premium quality adhesive vinyl, squeegee, weeding tools, and a cutting mat. Once you have cut the design on the automated cutting machine and weeded out the extra vinyl, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Cut the size of the transfer tape to at least half an inch bigger than the actual vinyl design. Remove its backing and place the transfer tape on your vinyl design so that it sticks to it.
- Smooth it out with a squeegee removing any creases or air bubbles on the transfer tape. Turn the decal around and use the squeegee on the backing of the vinyl as well. Use slight pressure to ensure perfect adhesion of the design to the transfer tape.
- With the backing of the vinyl facing up (the transfer tape facing down), slowly remove the release liner from the vinyl design at an angle making sure it has stuck to the transfer tape. If you see some of the design still sticking to its backing, reapply it, burnish with the squeegee again, and then remove the liner.
- The design should now be adhered to the transfer tape. Place it on the substrate of your choice. Take into account the straight and accurate positioning. The grid lines on the tape will help you with this.
- Place the design on the surface and smooth it out with a squeegee pressing from the center outwards. This will remove the creases and also help in the proper adhesion of the vinyl design to the blank you are using. Apply pressure to the design so that it sticks securely.
- Once it is done, start at one corner and slowly peel the transfer tape at a 45-degree angle. Take your time and it will come out perfectly without leaving any air bubbles. You will see a nice and flawless design transferred onto your base material.
Tips For Effectively Using Our Transfer Tape
In the future, for sure, you’ll have plenty of custom-printing projects coming your way. In this case, you need to be equipped with the proper ways to use transfer tape in order to avoid any errors and waste of materials. Here are some tips you should remember when using transfer tape:
- It is important to use the transfer tape with the right tack level according to your design and the type of vinyl you are working with if you want a perfect application. Be sure you are using the right transfer tape according to the finish of the vinyl.
- When cutting the transfer tape, make sure that the size is slightly bigger than the adhesive craft vinyl design. To give you an idea, the transfer tape should be ½ inch bigger than the vinyl design from all sides.
- After you have applied the transfer tape to your design and burnished it with a squeegee front and back, let it sit for a minute before removing it to allow it to bond.
- Always clean the substrate. Whether you’re custom-printing on glass or plastic, the surface should be cleaned with a cotton pad and alcohol before transferring the vinyl. Do not forget to dry it completely.
- Reuse the transfer tape 3-4 times as long as its adhesive is still intact. Make sure to return the paper backing of the transfer tape to maintain its tack level.
- Work slowly when transferring the vinyl and burnish it properly. Pressure helps in adherence.
- If the vinyl comes off when you are lifting the transfer tape after the work is done, stick it back and try burnishing again.
- When removing the transfer tape after applying the design, work very slowly. Remove the tape at a 45-degree angle and do not lift vertically. Keep it closer to the surface.
- Vinyl sticks best to smooth and flat surfaces. It is hard to transfer vinyl into textured surfaces like unfinished wood or walls. If working with a piece of wood, make its surface smooth by sanding it and then cleaning it properly to ensure strong vinyl adhesion.
- If you’re working on curved surfaces, cut a small portion of the corners of the transfer tape to ensure proper transfer.
- Stock up with transfer tapes of different grip or tack types. As mentioned, there’s a specific type of transfer tape for different vinyl films. That’s why if you expect to work on various kinds of projects in the future, it is best to stock up on different transfer tapes. Using the wrong type may lead to wasted effort.
Get the Premium Transfer Tapes at TeckWrap Craft
TeckWrap Craft’s transfer tape is one of the highly recommended products on the market. It is durable and gives you an amazing variety. Whatever project you are working on, we have the right transfer tape for you.
We are one of the best brands used by many crafters. Why choose TeckWrap Craft’s transfer tape products? The reasons are far too many. Using our transfer tape for vinyl is very easy. Our product is versatile. It can be used to create small and large projects. You can apply big graphics on walls or windows without any hassle.
You can remove it in one swift motion and it will not leave any residue behind. You get the liberty to choose the right size and tack level according to the vinyl you are working with. For detailed information, read our blog on ‘How to Use Transfer Tape With VInyl?’
So what are you waiting for? Grab a few rolls and head for checkout. It's time to make some truly captivating vinyl crafts!