Posted By TeckWrap Craft On May 25, 2022
Can You Put HTV On Polyester? 10 Tips For Printing HTV On Polyester
Table of Contents
- 10 Tips You Should Know before Printing HTV on Polyester
- Polyester Fabric Comes in Different Types
- Check if the Shirt Is a Heat Sensitive Item
- Do Not Pre-wash the Shirt
- Test Print on the Fabric
- Choose the Right Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Use Teflon Sheet When Pressing
- Always Use a Heat Press Machine, Not an Iron
- Pre-Press the Fabric
- Correct Temperature, Pressure, and Time
- Always Follow the Ideal Temperature and Time
- Is it better to print on cotton or polyester?
- Can you print HTV on sublimated shirts?
- How to avoid scorch press marks on polyester?
- Can you fix scorch marks on polyester?
- Can you heat press spandex and polyester blend?
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re wondering if you can print heat transfer vinyl on polyester, the answer is yes! But hold on! It’s not as easy as printing heat transfer vinyl (HTV) on cotton. If you have a client requesting activewear with vinyl print then you need to read this post.
Just a heads up, printing heat transfer vinyl on polyester needs extra care, longer press time, and less temperature. Read further to learn tips you should know before printing HTV on polyester. After you’ve read this post and practiced it a couple of times, you can print on any activewear you can.
10 Tips You Should Know Before Printing HTV On Polyester
Printing HTV on polyester is not the same as printing HTV on cotton. Honestly, you have to be more patient in printing HTV on polyester. It takes practice and testing the compatibility of the fabric and HTV. Here are 10 tips that’ll guide you in this printing project.
Screenshot from YouTube: HOW TO IRON-ON POLYESTER! By Makers Gonna Learn
1. Polyester Fabric Comes In Different Types
Polyester is a synthetic fabric known to be durable and inexpensive. What you should know is polyester comes in different types, most of which are heat-sensitive fabrics. Several pure and blended polyester fabrics include:
- Lyca / spandex / elastane
- Rayon / viscose
- Poly blends