Posted By TeckWrap Craft On October 26, 2023
How To Make Eco Friendly Stickers?
Table of Contents
- What Are Eco Friendly Stickers?
- Why Should You Opt For Eco Friendly Stickers?
- The Process Of Making Eco Friendly Stickers
- Materials Required
- Procedure For Creating Eco Friendly Stickers
- Step 1: Creating Your Design
- Step 2: Size Your Design
- Step 3: Print And Apply Laminate Sheet
- Step 4: Cut The Stickers
- Step 5: Applying Your Eco Friendly Stickers
- The Eco Friendly Printable Sticker Vinyl Sheets At TeckWrap Craft
- Design Ideas For Sustainable Stickers
- Care Instructions For Your Eco Friendly Stickers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Are you looking for a unique way to express your creativity? Do you enjoy personalizing your belongings using non-toxic materials? You can make eco-friendly stickers using sustainable mediums such as paper or PU sticker vinyl sheets that are manufactured with a strong commitment to the preservation and well-being of nature. They make for excellent giveaways and are perfect for all your creative projects while also being perfectly safe for the planet.
Sounds interesting? Making your own eco-friendly stickers is now easier than ever with TeckWrap Craft printable sticker vinyl. You can choose from different finishes to craft amazing, vibrant stickers to embellish different surfaces. All you need are some basic supplies and your unleashed creativity.
In this article, we’ll walk you through all the steps of creating your very own sticker collection while exploring the various nature-friendly choices you can make along the way. Let’s get started!
What Are Eco Friendly Stickers?
These are adhesive labels or decals that prioritize the safety of the environment. They are crafted from materials like recycled paper or biodegradable substances that leave a minimal environmental footprint. These stickers offer a responsible and sustainable option, appealing to individuals and businesses committed to reducing their ecological impact and promoting a greener planet.
Before diving into the world of sticker-making, it’s important to understand the material at heart – the sticker vinyl – and why it’s the perfect crafting tool. When you buy it from TeckWrap Craft, you can rest assured that It is eco-friendly and completely PVC-free. It is durable and long-lasting and comes with a paper backing that is peeled off for application.
It is a thin, flexible material which is why it is very easy to cut into precise shapes, and can be used for various crafting projects. You can apply it to any smooth, non-porous surface such as glass, metal, plastic, and ceramic. Hence you can personalize your cups, mugs, tumblers, laptops, scrapbooks, and more.
It is favored by crafting enthusiasts of all skill levels for its versatility and is perfect for both simple and intricate designs. It also offers hassle-free removal. It can be peeled off without leaving any glue residue. A good quality eco-friendly sticker vinyl will last years with no signs of fading or peeling.
Whether you're looking for a sleek glossy finish or an understated matte appearance, TeckWrap Craft offers options for every type of creative project. For knowing about how to make personalized mugs at home.
Why Should You Opt For Eco Friendly Stickers?
In this era of the climate change crisis, sustainability is one of the foremost concerns of every crafting enthusiast, small business owner, and more. It is important to play your part and make the right choice when it comes to choosing your vinyl, inks, and packaging.
By making eco-friendly stickers, we contribute to the conservation of our environment and the preservation of its natural resources. This small change in our choices has a ripple effect, inspiring a culture of eco-responsibility, and collectively, we can help mitigate the impact of climate change and support the well-being of future generations.
The great news is that the market is full of eco-friendly options! At TeckWrap Craft, we are dedicated to reducing the negative impact on the environment. You’ll be delighted to know that our sticker sheets and vinyl rolls are nature-friendly and made with premium quality
The PU sticker vinyl is typically produced with lower levels of toxic chemicals, reducing the environmental and health risks associated with its manufacturing process. It is a cleaner choice for the atmosphere and its biodegradability and recyclability are also excellent.
The Process Of Making Eco Friendly Stickers
Now that we know all about the material we’re working with, let’s get into the instructions for making your own stickers. But first, let’s see the tools you should have.
Having the right tools is important for a successful project. Here’s what you will need to create your own set of Earth-friendly stickers:
- Eco-friendly printable vinyl sheets: All the vinyl sheets at TeckWrap Craft are eco-friendly. Make sure to check out our Inkjet Printable Sticker Vinyl and our Beginner Packs For Printable Sticker Vinyl if you want to make durable and long-lasting stickers.
- Cutting machine: This is a valuable investment if you’re looking for a precise, professional cut. It is especially useful for intricate designs that are time-consuming to cut by hand. The two best Cricut machines for making vinyl stickers are the Cricut Explore Air 3 and Cricut Maker.
- Printer: Once you have created your sticker design, you will need an inkjet printer to print it out. Any brand will work.
- Laminate Sheet: This is essential to apply on printable eco-friendly stickers to make their print durable, especially if they might be exposed to detrimental elements like UV rays and water.
- Cutting Mat: This is an essential tool that keeps the vinyl in place when it is being cut by the machine and also protects the surface underneath from the sharp blades. You can get the best quality cutting mats in different tack levels from TeckWrap Craft. For our eco-friendly sticker vinyl sheet, the green standard tack cutting mat will be used.
- Weeding Tools: You can use weeding tools to remove negative vinyl from the printed sticker sheet. These are also available in the ‘Accessories’ section of the TeckWrap Craft website. We offer weeders, tweezers, and weeding pens for the process.
- Squeegee: You will need it to properly place the sticker sheet on the cutting mat. Later on, you may also need it to apply the stickers on the surface. It helps in putting slight pressure so that the vinyl can form a strong bond with the substrate.
- Transfer Tape: This helps in the accurate placement of the vinyl stickers on the substrate. At TeckWrap Craft, we have transfer tapes with grids to ensure perfection.
Procedure For Creating Eco Friendly Stickers
Following is the step-wise process of easily making stickers from the comfort of your home. You can apply these on various surfaces without any apprehensions about them being detrimental to nature:
Step 1: Creating Your Design
Use any design software you like to map out your design. Once you have decided, you will have to transfer the image to the software that is compatible with your cutting machine. With Silhouette, the design software used is Silhouette Studio and with Cricut, Design Space is used.
Experiment with various shapes, colors, and themes to showcase your creativity and unique style. You can also add text to personalize your design further. Choose the “Print-then-Cut” option in Cricut Design Space. This feature is also available in Silhouette Cameo.
Step 2: Size Your Design
Make sure your design fits within the dimensions of your vinyl sheet. Measure the sheet and adjust the image in the design software accordingly. At TeckWrap Craft, we have sticker vinyl sheets of 8.5 x 11 inches.
Also, make sure you choose the correct vinyl settings for this step. You will choose ‘Printable Vinyl’ for material settings. You will want to ensure that the machine is set to cut only through the vinyl and not the backing paper.
In Cricut Design Space, you're presented with two primary choices: 'kiss cut' and 'die cut'. With ‘kiss cut’ stickers, the Cricut machine precisely cuts through just the top layer of vinyl while keeping the backing sheet untouched. Whereas, ‘die cut’ stickers involve the Cricut cutting through both layers, resulting in individual stickers.
Step 3: Print And Apply Laminate Sheet
Print out your design and let the ink dry before you move on to the next step. To apply the clear laminate sheet onto your printed stickers, begin by cutting it to match the size of the vinyl sticker sheet. Carefully peel off a section of its backing and gently lay it over the printed stickers, starting from the top.
Secure the top edge of the laminate in place using a squeegee, and then gradually peel off the backing a little at a time while simultaneously using the squeegee to press it down, ensuring it adheres smoothly without any creases or air bubbles. Take your time with this process to achieve a flawless finish.
Step 4: Cut The Stickers
Place the vinyl on a cutting mat and load it into the Cricut machine. Make sure that it is properly stuck to the mat by burnishing it with a squeegee. Align it with the left-hand corner of the grid. Press the button to initiate cutting. The machine will scan the registration lines and cut around the stickers.
Note: We would recommend a test cut before commencing with the actual vinyl to ensure that the depth is right and according to the type of cut you have opted for.
After the machine has cut your stickers, you can use your weeding tool to get rid of any excess vinyl from around them. Take your time during this step to ensure your stickers look clean and crisp. Your eco-friendly stickers are ready!
Step 5: Applying Your Eco Friendly Stickers
Before applying the stickers, make sure your project’s surface is clean and dry. Carefully peel off the backing paper from the stickers and apply them to your substrate. You can also use a transfer tape with a grid for accurate placement.
At TeckWrap Craft, we have transfer tapes available in rolls both with and without a grid. If you are a newbie, it is better to use the one with a grid to ensure complete accuracy. Cut the tape slightly bigger than your vinyl sticker from all sides. Remove the backing and paste it on the sticker then burnish with a squeegee to remove creases and ensure adhesion.
Now remove the backing from the sticker so that it is stuck to the transfer tape only. Place it where you want it to be on the substrate and again burnish with a squeegee. Slowly remove the transfer tape at an angle keeping it closer to the surface. You have pasted and aligned your sticker perfectly.
The Eco Friendly Printable Sticker Vinyl Sheets At TeckWrap Craft
At TeckWrap Craft, you can get amazing printable sticker vinyl sheets that are non-toxic and perfectly safe to be used on various surfaces without any apprehensions about health hazards. They are made with polyurethane and do not pose a threat to the environment.
These eco-friendly sheets are available in A4 size in different finishes such as Matte and Glossy White, Holographic, and Glow in the Dark. With the packet, you will also get Laminate sheets to reinforce the stickers, enhance their longevity, and make them water and weather-resistant.
Design Ideas For Sustainable Stickers
Need some inspiration for designing your stickers? Here are some ideas to choose from:
- Holiday-themed: Create holiday-themed stickers for Christmas, Halloween, or Valentine's Day. You can print Christmas trees, hearts, or scary ghosts for these special occasions. You can paste these stickers on cards and give them to your loved ones.
- Quotes: You can make stickers with quotes from your favorite movies and stick them on journals, mugs, and so on, to personalize them and let everyone know about your interests!
- Puns: Personalized stickers with witty phrases are the perfect way to showcase your sense of humor.
- Pet Animals Stickers: Decorate your belongings with stickers of your furry friends. The customization options with printable sticker vinyl are endless! You can make designs with their names, faces, or paw prints.
- Travel Stickers: If you love traveling, you may enjoy designing stickers with famous landmarks, cities, or countries that you’ve visited or would like to visit. It can also be a great gift for someone who has just come back from a trip!
- Hobbies and Interests: Design eco-friendly stickers related to your hobbies, whether it's gaming, gardening, or photography. These stickers are also perfect for book lovers, music enthusiasts, or sports fans.
- Embellish Craft Blanks: At TeckWrap Craft, you can get acrylic bookmark and keychain blanks in different shapes and sizes. You can paste eco-friendly stickers on these and give them to friends and family as gifts or start your own book club.
- Promotional Stickers: You can use printable sticker vinyl to make promotional stickers with the logo of your company or small business.
Care Instructions For Your Eco Friendly Stickers
Using good quality vinyl such as the one available at TeckWrap Craft will ensure that your designs last you years on end. By following these care instructions, you can extend the life and vibrancy of your vinyl stickers.
Avoid Exposure To Harsh Conditions
Sticker vinyl can be sensitive to extreme temperatures. Avoid placing stickers in areas where they will be exposed to direct sunlight, excessive heat, or extreme cold, as this can cause the vinyl to warp, fade, or lose adhesion.
Clean The Surface Gently
When cleaning surfaces that are adorned with your eco-conscious vinyl stickers, use a mild, non-abrasive cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth or a soft sponge. Avoid harsh chemicals, abrasive scrubbers, or abrasive cleaning pads, as they can damage the sticker and the underlying surface.
Do Not Pick at Edges
Refrain from peeling at the edges of your stickers. If a sticker starts to peel, try pressing it back down gently. Avoid excessive manipulation as this can damage the adhesive.
If you have extra printable vinyl stickers or sticker sheets, store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, humidity, moisture, and dust to protect their adhesive layer.
Frequently Asked Questions
So, there you have it! You now know all the steps and materials you need to make your DIY environment-friendly stickers. Use them to add a touch of your personality and sense of style to your belongings, or gift them to your family and friends on birthdays to showcase your crafting skills.
So, get designing and begin your sticker-making adventures. Check out the printable sticker vinyl on the TeckWrap Craft website and let your creativity flow!